There are no products in your shopping cart.
I acknowledge CIN3 is not cancer, however in my partner's case it is still extremely terrifying for her, and I'm just wanting some advice on how to help her out.
She's had two operation this year (March and August) and was told in each case there was a 2% failure rate. She has now been told she needs to have a 3rd operation this Wednesday. Each operation has been a LLETZ procedure. She has seen a lot of different doctors and specialists since first diagnosed (through the public system in Australia) and in some cases had, if not contrary, varying degrees of empathy and been told she didn't need to worry. In one case the surgeon came and saw her in the public waiting room and asked what she was doing there and said she had nothing to worry about, essentially dismissing her. This was between the first and second surgeries, and made her feel like she was overreacting. As it turned out, she was right to be concerned. The same surgeon performed the second operation.
I have taken her to a private gynocologist recently to get a second opinion before having her third operation this week. He said that she could leave it and see him in six months, however there is a 1% chance it could progress. My understanding from Dr. Google is that CIN3 progresses into cervical cancer. Given the 2% failure rate she was given on the previous procedures, 1% isn't giving her any sense of safety at all.
Unfortunately it is also my understanding that she may not be able to have children at all after this third operation, which is devestating to her. She does have a 'long cervix' according to one of her specialists. I don't know what this means or whether it affects the chances of successfully carrying a child to term.
Any advice at all would be very much appreciated. She worries a lot and if she's just going to be anxious for the next six months and then have to have the procedure anyway, i'm erring on the side of telling her to have it. I personally dont want to recommend anything one way or another for her. I don't have the qualifications and it seems like a momentous decision. If she put it off in order to try and have a child and then got full blown cervical cancer I would feel responsible. :-(
Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to respond.