0 Items £0.00

3 years on since diagnosis april 2017

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bexter
Bexter's picture
3 years on since diagnosis april 2017

Hi ladies, 

After spending 2017 and 2018 dealing with chemoradiation and complications resulting in a pelvic exenteration november 2018  i am finally feeling well, used to my new body changes and managing my dual ostomy well. Im finally just seeing my gynae oncologist and radiation oncologists every 6months and my urologist every 12. Life is back to normal... just a bit slower and have returned to work. Things have changed a bit but im happy and enjoying life. Working 4 days a week. which i never thought possible when i was at my sickest.  I wanted to give you an update as you all deserved some positivity after what quite frankly was at times unbearable. I want to thank everyone for their kind words and help when life was quite difficult at times.and to say thank you to all the strong women who were diagnosed at the same time and did not survive this insidious disease and to the others that progressed better. I wish everyone the best they can be and send my love to all. 

And as far as i know... no new cancers have appeared.

Much love Xx

Diagnosed   stage 3B squamous cell CC with paraaortic lymph node involvement. 4/2017. Had chemoradiation and brachytherapy finished 6/2017

4/2018 loop ileostomy inserted.

7/2018 bilateral nephrostomies for blocked ureters. 

11/2018 Pelvic Exenteration

Locket

Thank you for giving us para aortic lymph node ladies hope. It's not easy. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling well and enjoying life again. I am one year post chemorads and struggling at times. Xx

• April 19 - colopscopy 

May 19 - diagnosed 1b

MRI and CT confirmed spread to 2 lymph nodes - large one in para aorta. June 19 - started treatment cisplatin and radio. Aug 19 - brachytherapy 

Nov 19 - positive 3 month follow up 

February 20 - positive follow up 

April 20 - Postive CT scan 

July 20 - positive CT scan and advised back pain is treatment related. 

Aug 20 - pet scan shows still active cancer in lymph node 

awaiting further treatment..

Memagh

Bexter you sound like a beautiful, positive person. I can only imagine it's been a difficult road to get where you are now. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling well and enjoying life again. May your improved health continue for a very long time. Thank you for sharing your positive update.

x Maria

Diagnosed CC 01st August 2019 Stage 1b2 with 1 local lymph node involved. Something else showed up on pet scan. Treatment delayed for surgery, done on September 9th. Found to be a simple ovarian cyst, 1 ovary and tube removed. Treatment plan 5 chemo, 25 radio and 4 brachy. Treatment start date 02nd October 2019. Treatment end date 8th November.

February 2020 3 month scans NED

August 2020 9 Month scans NED

emmz13

Thank you so much for giving us all hope. I am so pleased that you are doing so well. To think you have been through so very much but have come through it with such kindness to share your story with us and positivity is inspiring. 
much love to you and again thank you xx 

May 19 odd symptoms

03/06/19 doctors appt internal exam, said everything looked fine, did smear. 

10/06/19 urgent colposcopy due to HPV positive and severe changes. 

21/06/19 consultant sees 2cm tumour takes punch biopsies. She’s pretty sure it’s cc.

24/06/19 cancer confirmed, grade 3 preliminary staging 1b.

03/07/19 X-ray. 08/07/19 MRI and PET scan. 10/07/19 MDT meeting

15/07/19 restaged 2b parametrial invasion no lymph node involvement.

16/07/19 treatment 5 1/2 weeks chemorads

18/07/19 planning MRI 26/07/19 preassessment Chemo

05/08/19 chemorads start

11/09/19 chemorads end!!!! 

16/09/19 Brachy

19/09/19 DONE!!!! 

Bumblebee25

Hi Bexter!

Gosh, you certainly have had some challenges but you've bossed them. This is just the best news! so happy for you :)

you rockstar! 

B xxx

2 May 2017 Smear 4/5 May 2017 Haemorrhage. 8 May 2017 Colposcopy, LLETZ, punch biopsy.10 May 2017 MRI 11 May 2017 CT 1 May 2017 suggested diagnosis of CC 23 May 2017 diagnosed CC 2b19 June 2017 Start Chemo/Rad Finished 27 July.5 August 2017 Brachytherapy18 October 2017 MRI 7 November 2017 12 week appt & MRI results - lymph nodes no longer showing, inconclusive about remaining tumour. Scan again in 3 months.   February 2018 - All looks good, NED.

June 2018 - NED

October 2018 - 1 year post treatment - NED  

October 2019 - 2 years post treatment still NED

September 2020 - we think still NED!? Fingers crossed! 

Petesdragon
Petesdragon's picture

Well done Bexter! SoozeH would have been so thrilled to hear this update.

Karen x 

• Stage 3 Glassy cell adenocarcinoma  1997 (negative smear tests).

Treated with Wertheim's hysterectomy, chemorads.

October 2017- new squamous cell vaginal tumour diagnosed,  probably radiation-induced. 

Total pelvic exenteration on 19th December 2017. 

March 18 Post-op CT scan shows healthy kidneys and successful urostomy and colostomy. No evidence of recurrence. Discharged by urology and colorectal surgeons. 2 down and 2 to go!

June 2018. CT scan shows 2 new pulmonary nodules.  

CT Scan Jan 2019. Nodules gone. No evidence of disease. 

elliottanddaisy
elliottanddaisy's picture

So happy to read your post! I am very glad you are doing well, especially considering all the tough things you have been through. smile

Petesdragon
Petesdragon's picture

Hey Elliot and Daisy, I often wondered what happened to you. It's brilliant to see you are Ok.

Karen x 

• Stage 3 Glassy cell adenocarcinoma  1997 (negative smear tests).

Treated with Wertheim's hysterectomy, chemorads.

October 2017- new squamous cell vaginal tumour diagnosed,  probably radiation-induced. 

Total pelvic exenteration on 19th December 2017. 

March 18 Post-op CT scan shows healthy kidneys and successful urostomy and colostomy. No evidence of recurrence. Discharged by urology and colorectal surgeons. 2 down and 2 to go!

June 2018. CT scan shows 2 new pulmonary nodules.  

CT Scan Jan 2019. Nodules gone. No evidence of disease. 

elliottanddaisy
elliottanddaisy's picture

Hi Karen! Thank you so much for your reply. I had a REALLY terrible time on the chemo mix, it was a real downward spiral for me from the 1st cycle on and I only made it to cycle #4. It seems like so long ago now, but I am doing great. smile

Izzzy76

Hi Bexter! 

When I first got diagnosed I searched this place for hours and hours, looking for positive stories, and I came across yours,  and I am so pleased and happy you are doing great!  So happy for you 💓 

28-8-2019 diagnosed grade 2 squamous 2B 4 cm tumor Mri suspect lymphe nodes but pet scan Shows no lymph nodes 25 radio extended field, 6 chemo and 4 brachy finished October 29 2019
Mrs E

Hi

I am newly diagnosed and awaiting a PET scan and staging.

Its great to read positive stories, thank you.

Love and best wishes to you all xxx

Zo

More Information

Moving forward from a cancer diagnosis