There are no products in your shopping cart.
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I've been reading your stories and waited to share mine until I have more information. I'm reaching out for some understanding and shared experience.
Today I got all the info back from my PET-CT, MRI, and LLETZ investigations. I have been staged at 1B1, 21mm x 5mm Grade 2 squamous tumour. I also have CGIN and a SMILE lesion. I'm 36, married, no kids.
The surgeon has said he will attempt a trachelectomy if fertility preservation is important to me. But that the best chance of cure is the hysterectomy, especially given I have CGIN and SMILE as well as CIN3 and cancer.
He also advised conception and pregnancy would bring with it its own risks and complications and I need to decide based on the strength of my urge for a family.
Emotionally I just feel quite sorry for myself, though in my rational mind I am glad that my cancer has been caught at a stage where I can be treated.
Thanks for listening, and I wish everybody here the very best in their journeys x
Feb 2020: smear = high grade dyskariosis
March 2020: biopsy = CIN3
April 2020: lletz = cervical cancer stage 1b1
May 2020: radical hysterectomy and lymphadenectomy. NED!
September 2020: first follow up