There are no products in your shopping cart.
I was told a while back that as my biopsy showed CIN2 that I would be offered a lletz, even though my smear and colposcopy looked low level.
The nurse was going to phone today to advise. they are obviously very busy as she phoned an hour late. When she phoned she said that the MDT had been delayed as they had had technical difficulties and she was going to phone again next week. Next week is the internment of my daughter's ashes but I wasnt going to wait any longer so i asked for a late phone call.
I asked her whether there was any doubt about my treatment and she said that they might try a wait and see approach but knew my preference for Lletz. i replied that i thought it was indicated for someone who was 55 and had had 4 children, and that is what the previous nurse had advised.
I'm feeling a bit worried now, as had hoped my lletz would be in a week or two and had been told that. She also advised me to get a vaccine-i had said i had wanted one but to be honest am not sure this is necessary until i have cleared the infection. I asked if she could tell me which strain(s) i have as this might help me make the decision.
On the plus side, she did tell me I could have entenox. i have a tendency to have a startle reflex when anxious so thought it a good idea.
A bit worried and confused now. i think I will check the NICE guidelines again as i am sure that a lletz is the best treatment in my case
first HPV positive and abnormal smear test (borderline) January 2021. Definitely a new infection from the last 4 and a half years
Colposcopy seemed low risk
Biopsy showed CIN2
I have been told verbally I will have LLETZ, though waiting for MDT on 7th April Might be about 2 weeks after that.
well 7th didnt happen-14th now