0 Items £0.00

Should I postpone LLETZ?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Should I postpone LLETZ?

Hello, new here - apologies if this sort of thing has been asked before!


Had CIN2 changes and a +ve HPV confirmed after copoloscopy and biopsy. 


I received my LLETZ appointment- 26th August but unfortunately that week I am in Europe on a work trip- all already paid for so I couldn’t avoid. My appointment was rescheduled for 19th September. 


The concern is that I am getting married on the 19th October and am concerned that it might not all be right down there in time for the wedding!


The other half is not concerned about disturbing any plans we might have had for the wedding night & honeymoon, we do have the rest of our lives for all that, my health comes first, yadda yadda...


He is pretty horrified I changed the date at all for the appointment, but then again I’m not sure he knows anything at all about CINs and LLETZs etc so isn’t really placed to make a judgement! 


What would be your guys view on postponing until after (I would guess end Oct)? Or do I even need to... hoe likely is it that all will be ok 30 days after the LLETZ? 


Any thoughts/advice much appreciated!!


choco x



I had 2 lletz procedures within 6 weeks. I have to say both times everything was settled within 3-4 weeks. The second lletz was more invasive but even that was settled within that time. A lot of women say it all settled within a couple of weeks. 

I don’t know much about CIN2, I had high grade CGIN and what turned out to be early CC. I think CIN2 can regress but it can also develop into CIN3 or invasive CC, however it’s unlikely to do that within a couple of months. With my experience I would get the lletz but then that’s because of my own personal experience and your fiancé is right re:health etc. However you know your own body and how you feel and you need to do what you feel comfortable with and what’s right for you.

Have a fantastic wedding day when it comes x

11th March 2019- 1st ever abnormal smear. (Never missed a smear)

1st May 2019 - Colposcopy with LLETZ

9th May 2019 - diagnosis ?1B Villoglandular adenocarcinoma and high grade CGIN;

22nd and 23rd May 2019 - MRI/CT

29th May - MDT meeting. MRI/CT clear. Amount of tumour 1A stage.

13th June 2nd LLETZ with top hat procedure 

3rd July Confirmed staging 1A1, clear margins on 2nd LLETZ. Scheduled for laparoscopic hysterectomy, keeping ovaries.

29/8/19 Total Laproscopic hysterectomy with ovarian conservation.

26/9/19 pathology confirms NED:-)

18/3/20 1st follow up including vault smear 


Physically/medically It is unlikely to matter either way.

I was all recovered after 3 - 4 weeks too.

When i went for my colposcopy, my thoughts were - I hope they do the lletz straight away so i can be recovered in time for my holiday. More importantly, for my mental health, i didn't want the whole thing hanging over me for months.

More Information

Abnormal cervical cells and treatment

Read about HPV