Thank you for your interest in working for Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week. Permanent,
Reporting to: Head of Communications
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays. Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust offers a pension contribution and flexible working hours
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to women affected by cervical cancer and cervical abnormalities. Our vision is a future where cervical cancer is a thing of the past.
We are looking for a passionate Digital Officer to join our Communications team and lead on the management and development of our growing website (www.jostrust.org.uk) which received over 1.5 million users last year. The ideal candidate will be self-motivating, a clear communicator with strong problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail. The Digital Officer is responsible for improving user experience across the site, creating content and maximising its reach, with a focus on email marketing, SEO and social media. The role will champion technology and digital at the charity embedding digital best practice across the organisation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Communications to build and implement the charity’s digital strategy
- Manage and develop the charity’s website including scoping and testing new functionality in line with the charity’s overarching strategy
- Use tools including Google Analytics to monitor, analyse and report on performance and enjoyment in order to make improvements
- Manage external web developers and suppliers
- Create content for use across all digital channels including graphics and films ensuring all content is in line with our brand guidelines
- Increase the reach of our content using digital techniques and channels including email marketing, Google AdWords and social media
- Ensure website content is regularly updated, relevant and user experience is continually being improved
- Monitor and improve SEO rankings and create content that is optimised for search engines
- Work with Database Officer on integration projects between the website and Salesforce
- Manage and improve the charity’s Google AdWords Pro account
- Manage and develop the charity’s social media strategy working alongside the Communications Officer to plan content, create adverts and take part in out of hours monitoring
- Keep up to date with best practice and emerging technologies within digital communications
- Use Photoshop /InDesign to create materials and content as required
- Oversee email marketing ensuring and advising on best practise for email optimisation
- Where appropriate represent the charity at external events and occasionally be asked to work outside of office hours or travel outside of London.
- Work with other members of the team on special campaigns or projects that may be outside of the role
- Abide by the charity’s policies, practices and core values
- Support diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace and with volunteers.
Job description and person specification
Please send a cover letter and CV to Kate Sanger, Head of Communications at [email protected] detailing how your skills and experience match the job decscription and person specification.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 14th July
Please sign up to our newsletter for the latest updates.