Cervical Screening Awareness Week
Cervical screening (smear tests) prevent up to 75% of cervical cancers from developing, yet one in four women do not attend when invited.
This Cervical Screening Awareness Week (12-18 June 2017) you can help us change this!
How you can make a difference
- Order free information materials to raise awareness about screening in your workplace, school, GP surgery or community centre
- Share our messages on social media, using the text: 'Attending your cervical screening (smear test) can reduce your risk of cervical cancer. Find out how at www.jostrust.org.uk #CSAW'
- Download and share our CSAW graphic
- Ask your employer to sign up to Time to Test, our latest campaign to encourage employers to allow women the time to attend if they cannot get an appointment out of working hours
- Host an event to raise money to help us to continue our work
- Take part in our annual Steps for Jo's event taking place during the week of CSAW
- Raise awareness in your GP surgery or practice, you can find some inspiration in our latest Cervical Screening Award winners
Our activity last year made a real difference, but we’ve still got a long way to go. Over 1 million women still do not attend their cervical screening when invited. Join us this Cervical Screening Awareness Week and help us change this.