Organising a fundraising event can be hugely rewarding and lots of fun as well. We have been lucky enough to benefit from many dedicated supporters who have held a wide range of events from sponsored walks to naked calendars and winter balls – why not join team Jo’s?
Here are a selection of fundraising ideas to help you decide on an event. Try to organise something you enjoy, organising an event based on a hobby or interest can help to motivate you. Remember this is not an exhaustive list – almost anything can be turned into a fundraising activity.
- Cake sale - check out our Christmas campaign Bake it (or fake it)!
- Winter/Summer ball - an opportunity to put on your glad rags for a good cause.
- Car boot sale – a great excuse to have a clear out.
- Sponsored walk - join or organise one of our Steps for Jo's events.
- Tennis tournament - a brilliant opportunity to get together with friends.
- Sponsored abseil or skydive - get a team together to take the plunge!
- Progressive dinner party - move from one venue to another to enjoy each course.
- Sponsored silence - there are all sorts of weird and wonderful things you can get sponsored to do!
It can be difficult to know how to tackle certain aspects of organising a fundraising event. From asking for donations to making your event stand out our blog post will give you some useful fundraising tips, keep checking this page as it’s coming soon…
How to organise a fundraiser
1. Create a plan of action
What event are you planning? When will it take place? What do you need to organise? How much money can you raise?
2. Set up a JustGiving page
A JustGiving page can enable your friends and family to easily sponsor you for your event. The button below will take you to the JustGiving website where you can set up your page. Personalise your page to tell people your story and why you have chosen to support Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust.
3. Tell us about your event
We are here to help and support you every step of the way. Get in touch to let us know about the event you’re planning by emailing: [email protected] We love to hear from our supporters.
4. Order your resources
Make the most of our fundraising materials and merchandise including t-shirts, posters and collection boxes to raise awareness of your event and encourage people to donate. Think about what else you will need on the day such as refreshments, raffle prizes and a camera to take photos!
5. Promote your event
Tell everyone about your event! Use social media to spread the word by creating an event on Facebook and posting some tweets, put up posters at work and email your colleagues. Encourage your family, friends and work colleagues to come along as and get them to tell their networks about the event. Local media might also be interested in your fundraiser so it’s always worth contacting them in advance.
If you have any questions please get in touch, email: [email protected]
So, what are you waiting for?