Organising a fundraising event is hugely rewarding and lots of fun as well! We have free materials to help you make the most of your event and our fundraising team are here at every step to help make it a success.
The funds you raise will help us reach our vision of eradicating cervical cancer, whilst enabling us to be there for anyone affected by the disease. Whether you raise £50 from a bake sale, £500 in a sponsored sport event or £5,000 at a charity ball, every penny makes a difference.
Need ideas? Whether you are fundraising at home, school, work or in your community, take a look at our seasonal fundraising ideas for some inspiration.
- This Easter, hold an Easter egg hunt, have a name the bunny competition or Easter treats sale with hot cross buns and chocolate eggs.
- Organise a Grand National or Eurovision sweepstake. Charge an entry fee and the person who picks the winner will win half the money with the other half donated to Jo’s.
- Declutter your home with a spring clean and hold a car boot sale, donating the profits. Did you know if you ask us for a proof of fundraising letter, you can gain entry for free?
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with the inspirational women in your life. Host a night in and ask everyone to donate what they would have spent on a night out.
- Host a summer sports day and charge a fee for your friends to take part.
- Make the most of Wimbledon and organise a sweepstake or host a viewing party, you can charge for entry and provide strawberries and Pimms!
- Host a summer BBQ for family and friends
- Celebrate the Queen’s Birthday with a Royal afternoon tea party. Getting practising your royal wave!
- Relive your school days with aback to school party. Charge an entrance fee, get your friends together and party like you used to!
- Have a pumpkin carving/painting competition for Halloween. Alternatively host a fancy dress party or a bake sale of spooky treats.
- Bingo or quiz night – you can charge per entry or have a team entry price.
- Arrange your own firework display for Bonfire Night, you can have a best guy competition or even sell toffee apples.
- Christmas is a time for giving! Bake it or fake it with a delicious Christmas bake sale, sell Christmas cards, ask for your friends and family to donate to Jo’s instead of giving presents or go carol singing and ask for donations.
- Find out who has the X factor and host a karaoke night. You could sell tickets or hold a raffle on the night.
- Celebrate the New Year with a New Year’s Eve party or if the New Year will be bringing a new you, take on a sponsored run or a dry January.
- Santa who? Take Santa selfies, pin the photos on a wall and guess who you think is who. Charge your friends to play.
Ready to turn your ideas into reality? Read our step by step guide to organising your own fundraiser.
If you have any questions please get in touch, email: [email protected]