It is with great sadness that we must announce the closure of Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust, effective immediately Read More


Benefits and government support

Also in this section:

Living with an incurable diagnosis means you and your family will be eligible for government support in the form of benefits, a few links are listed below:

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

The UK Government provides support for those living with life-limiting illnesses in the form of the PIP. PIP provides weekly payments to support your expenses and mobility needs. You can find more information on PIP on the Government’s website.

Blue mobility badge parking

The UK Government offers those with severe mobility problems the chance to apply for blue badge parking. Blue badge holders are allowed to park close to where they need to go. The scheme operates throughout the UK and is administered by local authorities. More information can be found on the Government’s website.

Carer’s Allowance (CA)

The CA is a provision for people who are caring for someone who is ill. More information can be found on the Government’s website.

Macmillan financial and benefits advice 

Macmillan provides specialised financial and benefits advice for those affected by cancer. You can find out more on their website or call their special helpline: 0808 808 00 00.

We're here for you

Talk to someone about how you’re feeling, ask an expert or connect with others.

Get support
Date last updated: 
20 Jul 2016
Date due for review: 
20 Jul 2019
Did this page help you?