Our vision is making cervical cancer a disease of the past. Every day nine women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and two women will lose their lives. The faster we act, the faster we change this.
So, what is our role in making eradication a reality?
The next 20 years
We commissioned research projecting incidence and mortality in England until 2040 factoring in changes to the vaccination and screening programmes and variations in uptake. As the leading cervical cancer charity we wanted to better understand where the impact of cervical cancer will be felt most over the coming years.
We modelled incidence and mortality based on changes to the vaccination and screening programmes and variations in uptake.
Find out more: Projected incidence and mortality of cervical cancer to 2040.
Our ambition for 2022
By 2022 we want to see:
- A 10% reduction in incidence of cervical cancer across the UK
- 100% of women told about Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust on their screening invitation
- 66% of women diagnosed with cervical cancer made aware of the charity
- Cervical screening coverage to reach 80%
- HPV vaccination coverage to get to 92%
These targets are challenging but we have our vision of eradication firmly in mind and are determined to get there.
We will be working harder, shouting louder and reaching further to achieve our vision.
How are we going to get there?
We have six key objectives to 2022:
- Ensure everyone affected by cervical cancer has access to the best treatment, support and information
- Ensure significantly greater numbers of women eligible for cervical screening or the HPV vaccination ‘truly’ understand the importance of cervical cancer prevention, making an informed choice and taking up the offer
- Run targeted national campaigns to see improvements and change in health policy and practice
- Champion quality in local health practice to promote and ensure access to the best cervical cancer prevention and treatment programmes
- Build and foster partnerships both across the UK and worldwide that will enable us to have the greatest impact possible
- At least double sustainable funding by 2022
Download our new plan to 2022 "Eradicating cervical cancer: Our role in making it a reality".