Cervical Cancer Prevention Week 22-28 January 2018
The theme for the Cervical Cancer Prevention Week 2018 is “Reduce your risk”
Cervical cancer can be prevented. With your help we can ensure every woman knows how they can reduce their risk of the disease and the steps they can take to look after their health.
- Attending cervical screening when invited
- Knowing the symptoms of cervical cancer and seeking medical advice if experiencing any
- Taking up the HPV vaccination if aged 11-18
- Talking to friends and family to ensure they know how they can reduce their risk
- Knowing where to find support and further information
How can you get involved?
We want to see the day when cervical cancer is a disease of the past. Join us this Cervical Cancer Prevention Week to get closer to that day.
There are lots of ways you can get involved including:
- Hold an awareness day in your office, business, university, GP surgery or community centre: You can order our free materials to display and hand out. Check out some tips on raising awareness locally
- Share your story: If you have been personally affected by cervical cancer or abnormalities and would like to talk about your experience to raise awareness then please get in touch
- Use social media: Share the below images on social media to help us spread the word about cervical cancer prevention
- Write a blog or create a news story, contact your local newspaper to let them know about the campaign
- Host a fundraising event: Bake cakes, dress in pink, organise a work quiz or sponsored cycle. Every pound raised will help us to raise awareness and support those affected
- Contact your MP to raise awarenss of the issues surrounding cervical cancer and prevention in your local area
- Get your workplace to sign up to Time to Test, a campaign which raises awareness of cervical cancer in the workplace and ensures female employees can have the time to attend cervical screening if they are unable to get an appointment outside of working hours
- Join our #SmearForSmear campaign to help us spread the word about the importance of smear tests in preventing cervical cancer.
For any extra information about the campaign, please email [email protected]
Images to download and share
To use and save the below images please right click on the image and click on 'save as'.