Over 14 weeks, from March to June 2017, we will be visiting high streets, retail parks and community events on our first ever information Roadshow.
Our Roadshow will be travelling across the country to ensure more people know:
- What cervical screening is, what to expect at the test and the role of it in preventing cervical cancer
- About cervical cancer and how to spot the symptoms
- Who can have the HPV vaccine and why
Where and when?
March - June 2017 for 14 weeks
**Please note** We'll be confirming additional locations this week: Hull, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Knowsley and Bradford. More info to come.
The Roadshow will be open four days a week from 10am-4pm (we don't expect you to join us for the whole thing! Just a few hours of your time where convenient)
How can you help us?
We are looking for volunteers to join us on the bus.
If you think you could spare some time to join us to talk to members of the public about cervical cancer and how it can be prevented then we would love to hear from you!
This is a very flexible volunteer role and you will have the opportunity to select which locations and times you can attend so you can fit your volunteering round your existing commitments. All we ask is that you can commit to three hours in a location.
What will you be doing?
As a Roadshow Volunteer you will be talking to people who come on to the bus who may have questions, have concerns or just want some information.
Before joining the Roadshow you will attend training where we will provide you with full training about what to expect, how to answer difficult questions and make sure you have all the facts and information you will need to be a Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust Roadshow Volunteer.
Some of the things you might be doing include:
- Handing out information leaflets
- Talking about the symptoms of cervical cancer, cervical screening or the HPV vaccination
- Answering any general queries that you are able to answer and directing anything you are unable to answer to members of the Jo's team
- General admin including restocking materials
- Signposting to Jo's support services
- Talking about the charity
We would love to have you on the Roadshow.
You can register your interest in joining the Roadshow by completing the form below or download our Factsheet for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Claire Cohen, Head of Information and Education at [email protected] or call 020 7250 8311 for a chat.